In Swampscott, construction has begun on the rehabilitation and addition of the former Machon Elementary School, which will transform the site into the home of 38 high quality affordable senior housing units. Keep scrolling to read about project progress!
- The construction of the Senior Residences at the Machon will commence in March 2020.
- Affirmative Marketing & Leasing efforts will begin in late December 2020. Applications will become available.
- Selection Lottery for all applicants will occur in March 2021.
- Construction is expected to be complete by May 2021.
- Lease-up and Occupancy will begin June 2021.
Sign up for Swampscott Construction UpdatesThis list is only to sign up for construction updates and does not constitute an application to reside in any BBH building. A separate application process will be conducted in Fall 2020 by an appointed property management company.
What’s Happening Now:
February 16, 2021 Update
- The exterior of the new addition is coming upon completion – +90%
- The interior walls of the new addition are almost complete
- Model-unit has been picked and is being worked on for marketing for applicants!
December 8, 2020 Update
- We have just passed 50% completion!
- Most site work has been complete – utilities mostly connected and binder down in the parking lots.
- All windows installed, and finalizing work to get the building weather tight for the winter.
- Inside the building mechanical installations are progressing, elevator install is planned for this month, and crews are working on insulation install with the goal of starting drywall in January.
- Kicking off marketing efforts this month – applications and web site information sessions will be launched at the end of the month. Stay tuned!.
October 4, 2020 Update
We are making good progress and on track for completion in May of 2021. Foundations for the new addition are complete and the slab on grade will be poured in the next couple of weeks. Inside the existing 1920’s building structural demolition is complete and structural framing is in progress.
Key highlights of work that will be occurring during the month of August include, but are not limited to:
- Interior structural framing, unit layouts and mechanical/electrical/plumbing rough installation @ 1920’s building
- Exterior masonry restoration @ 1920’s building
- Foundation backfill, underground plumbing, slab on grade, and start of wall framing @ new addition
- Ongoing site work including installation of north retaining wall
Who to Contact
As always please feel free to contact us if you should have questions or concerns.
For contact regarding immediate/emergency site conditions:
For contact regarding general project schedule and other questions or concerns:
BBH Project Manager