Job Title: Development and Events Coordinator
Reporting to: Fundraising and Communications Manager
We are B’nai B’rith Housing (BBH) a regional nonprofit housing developer whose mission is to ease the housing crisis in the Greater Boston area. Affordable housing is about strengthening neighborhoods, creating thriving cities, and giving every individual the opportunity to share in our area’s economic prosperity.
We are producers of quality housing that creates homes for people otherwise left behind by the current market. We provide housing for all regardless of religion or background and are proud to say that more than a dozen ethnicities and immigrant communities are represented in the communities that we have created. We are activists and provide a platform for young advocates and up-and-coming leaders in the real estate industry to get involved in finding solutions for the housing crisis. We are entrepreneurs who harness expertise and resources from local, state, regional, and national agencies, financial institutions, the real estate industry, and affordable housing leaders. We are coalition builders who know that successful developments are built when parties are unified around a shared vision and craft housing solutions that meet community need. Understanding and enhancing the life of local residents is our goal. We focus on quality and integrity in our buildings and in our relationships with the communities in which we work. We are incredibly proud of our stellar reputation.
The EVENTS COORDINATOR / DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT is a critical position for B’nai B’rith Housing and will support the organization’s goals by coordinating a variety of donor and community building events as well as providing FUNDRAISING AND COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT staff (1 full-time, 1 part-time) with administrative help with fundraising systems and outreach initiatives.
Event Coordination (50%)
• This position requires some event and/or hospitality industry experience and a basic understanding of how events work. More importantly, we need an energetic go-getter with an eye for detail and a check-list mentality who can really ‘own’ the many events we have planned for 2018 and beyond. If you are considering making event planning part of your career, this is a great opportunity to work with an experienced nonprofit event planner to learn how to take the coordination and execution of events to the next level.
• The position will coordinate all events including but not limited to house parties, community forums, professional networking events, forums, panels, ribbon cuttings, and more.
• Coordination duties will include site identification, vendor contracts, budget management, communications with stakeholders, follow-up and acknowledgement processes, invitation and rsvp tracking, registration management, attendees and invitee follow-up, recruiting and managing volunteers, and all other aspects of event planning.
50%: Fundraising and Communications Support
• Coordinate the production and distribution of printed materials and mailings including acknowledgement letters, appeal letters, and other donor outreach.
• Input gifts into database and run basic reports (please note: this position is not in charge of the database but basic database utility will be part of daily activities).
• Assist with the creation and implementation of marketing and communications materials (print and electronic) on many platforms including Constant Contact, e-news, social media, etc.
• Responsible for implementation of website updates.
• Provide additional support to assist coworkers and help with special projects including building a story bank to demonstrate organizational impact, the development of a new website, and much more.
• High energy, a real desire to learn, advanced problem solving skills, and the ability to get things done.
• An interest in – and commitment to – BBH’s mission.
• 2-3 years of event-related work experience.
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and apply sound judgment, when dealing with donors and volunteers, committees, vendors, clients, and colleagues.
• Superior organizational skills: it’s a small office and we need someone who can manage their time.
• Excellent Microsoft Office computing skills with proficiency in Excel and Word including mail merge functions.
• Knowledge of basic budgeting best practices.
• Comfortable with technology and a working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM databases.
• Able to take initiative, set priorities, and manage multiple tasks.
• A great sense of humor and loves being part of a team.
• Commitment to our mission and our values of Equity, Integrity, Community, Action, and Transformation.
OUR HIRING PROCESS & TIMELINE:
• Send your resume with a cover letter telling us about an event you worked at (or on) and what you find interesting or challenging about event coordination. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. Send materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
• We would like to have the selected candidate start in October or November.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• Full-time, exempt position. We believe in work-life balance, and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
• 21 days of PTO, 10 paid holidays, and a family-friendly schedule
• This position does require occasional evenings and weekends.
• Competitive benefit package.
• B’nai B’rith Housing does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
This is an exciting time for growth at BBH – we need your energy and enthusiasm. If you are looking for a job that you can be excited about and want to work for a place that is creating real, positive change here in Massachusetts, apply today!
Apply with resume and thoughtful cover letter to: email@example.com